BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No one ever said criminals were smart. Case in point: Keshawn Mequel Winn, 19, aka “Petey.”
Petey allegedly help up two men at gunpoint in the area of 2300 North Dixie Highway in Boca on Tuesday evening. Petey, police say, stole an iPhone from one of the men. Police then tracked the iPhone and found Petey. If Petey had an iPhone on him right now, it would show his address as the Palm Beach County Jail.
Read on for the official report:
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013, two men were robbed at gunpoint outside a closed business at 2300 North Dixie Highway. During the robbery one victim’s iPhone was taken.
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013, at about 9:00 a.m., Boca Raton detectives tracked the cell phone to an address in West Palm Beach. The home was checked at about 3:30 p.m., but the phone was not found. The next day detectives tracked the phone to another location, a short distance from the first location. They found the phone in a bedroom and the homeowner told officers it belonged to her boyfriend. The boyfriend told officers he had bought the phone at about 2:30 p.m. the day before from a neighborhood kid known as “Petey.” “Petey” was identified as Keshawn Mequel Winn, who lives in close proximity to the first address to which officers had tracked the phone.
One victim was able to identify Winn as one of the robbers. Detectives arrested and charged Winn with robbery with a firearm. Winn has an extensive criminal history. The investigation is ongoing.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Providing Medical Care Without A License
- TWO DEAD IN BRIGHTLINE CRASH IN DELRAY BEACH
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, Make Plans Now
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera