BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No one ever said criminals were smart. Case in point: Keshawn Mequel Winn, 19, aka “Petey.”
Petey allegedly help up two men at gunpoint in the area of 2300 North Dixie Highway in Boca on Tuesday evening. Petey, police say, stole an iPhone from one of the men. Police then tracked the iPhone and found Petey. If Petey had an iPhone on him right now, it would show his address as the Palm Beach County Jail.
Read on for the official report:
On Tuesday, February 26, 2013, two men were robbed at gunpoint outside a closed business at 2300 North Dixie Highway. During the robbery one victim’s iPhone was taken.
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013, at about 9:00 a.m., Boca Raton detectives tracked the cell phone to an address in West Palm Beach. The home was checked at about 3:30 p.m., but the phone was not found. The next day detectives tracked the phone to another location, a short distance from the first location. They found the phone in a bedroom and the homeowner told officers it belonged to her boyfriend. The boyfriend told officers he had bought the phone at about 2:30 p.m. the day before from a neighborhood kid known as “Petey.” “Petey” was identified as Keshawn Mequel Winn, who lives in close proximity to the first address to which officers had tracked the phone.
One victim was able to identify Winn as one of the robbers. Detectives arrested and charged Winn with robbery with a firearm. Winn has an extensive criminal history. The investigation is ongoing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud