BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An unidentified Boca Raton Police Officer shot and killed a suspected carjacking suspect Friday night after what has been described as a violent struggle.
Police reportedly responded to the area of NW 4th and 20th Streets around 8pm last night after dispatch received a call suggesting a possible carjacking of a Comcast worker.
That carjacking was unsuccessful but the suspect apparently then carjacked a taxi cab before being intercepted by officers in the area of Spanish River and North Military Trail.
Boca Raton Police Spokesperson Officer Sandra Boonenberg confirms to BocaNewsNow.com that an officer then shot and killed the suspect but is releasing no further details.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is investigating the shooting but has not responded to requests for information. While releasing the name of the suspect or victim in a police involved shooting is somewhat standard in Palm Beach County, neither Boca Raton PD nor PBSO is releasing the victim's name, nor the name of the Boca Raton officer involved.
There is an update. Read it here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive