UPDATE: Names Have Been Released. Click Here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While there is no suggestion — yet — of misconduct in the shooting of an alleged carjacker in Boca Raton Friday night by a Boca Police Officer, the lack of official information nearly 48-hours after the killing is increasingly notable.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating the shooting as a matter of procedure, is releasing no information. The Boca Raton Police Department is referring all media inquiries to PBSO. The victim’s name and criminal history have not been made public. Neither has the name of the police officer who killed the suspect.
It is presumed that the officer is now on paid administrative desk duty — which is standard following a shooting — but that information is also not being released.
There has been no information released from the office of Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg whose prosecutors will ultimately decide whether or not the shooting was “good.”
PBSO routinely advises the media — and public — when an OIS (Officer Involved Shooting) occurs in the county, and frequently follows that information with the criminal background of the victim — if relevant and notable. However, Deputy Sheriff Eric Davis, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, tells BocaNewsNow.com that there is no information to release.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Providing Medical Care Without A License
- TWO DEAD IN BRIGHTLINE CRASH IN DELRAY BEACH
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, Make Plans Now
- Police Activity Near Don Estridge Middle School In Boca Raton Is Not Criminal
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera