UPDATE: Names Have Been Released. Click Here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While there is no suggestion — yet — of misconduct in the shooting of an alleged carjacker in Boca Raton Friday night by a Boca Police Officer, the lack of official information nearly 48-hours after the killing is increasingly notable.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating the shooting as a matter of procedure, is releasing no information. The Boca Raton Police Department is referring all media inquiries to PBSO. The victim’s name and criminal history have not been made public. Neither has the name of the police officer who killed the suspect.
It is presumed that the officer is now on paid administrative desk duty — which is standard following a shooting — but that information is also not being released.
There has been no information released from the office of Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg whose prosecutors will ultimately decide whether or not the shooting was “good.”
PBSO routinely advises the media — and public — when an OIS (Officer Involved Shooting) occurs in the county, and frequently follows that information with the criminal background of the victim — if relevant and notable. However, Deputy Sheriff Eric Davis, a spokesman for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, tells BocaNewsNow.com that there is no information to release.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club