UPDATE: Wednesday, 2:26PM:
We now have the identities of the people involved in this Tuesday night accident just outside Boca Falls in West Boca Raton.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says 17-year-old David Dangler was driving a 2012 Ford F-150 pickup directly behind Conner Mumford, 16, who was riding a 2009 Honda Moped.
According to PBSO, Dangler hit Mumford.
Dangler lives in Boca Falls. Mumford across the street in Boca Winds.
Despite the fact that Mumford was wearing a helmet at the time of impact, he was rushed to Delray Medical Center where he is listed in critical condition.
The case has been turned over to the Palm Beach Sheriff Office’s Vehicle Homicide Investigation team.
No charges have been filed at this time.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office was on the scene late Tuesday night of a serious accident just east of the entrance to Boca Falls on Palmetto Park Road, near Riverside Drive.
At least one person was rushed to an area hospital after the truck seen in the photo apparently collided with the motorcycle seen laying on the ground.
The was originally dispatched as an accident involving a pedestrian. It is unclear if the “pedestrian” is a third party involved or a motorcyclist thrown from the bike.
This section of Palmetto Park Road is known by some in the area as “death highway” due to the 50 mph speed limit, the proximity to West Boca High School and young drivers — and an onslaught of motorcycle and bicycle riders. There are several roadside memorials for drivers and passengers killed in this area over the past several years.
***CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES***
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Tells Cop “That’s How I Normally Smell,” Charged With DUI
- Boca Raton Doc Claims Reputation Firm Posted Fake Reviews
- West Boca Raton Woman Jailed On Drug, Fraud Charges
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet