UPDATE: 4:05P — The computer networks are back online.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office and the Palm Beach County Jail have suffered a massive computer outage that has lasted most of the day.
Visitors to either of the two agency's website have been met with nothing since early this morning — just a blank page. There is no redirection to a message and no way to obtain information that would normally appear on either of the sites. While the Sheriff's Office website provides phone numbers and general information, the Palm Beach County Jail website offers families of those arrest information concerning the location of their loved ones. It also provides bail information, charges and case numbers.
The main telephone number (non emergency) for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is 561-688-4340
We are told the county IT department is aware of the outage and working feverishly to get everything back online.
It is unclear when the websites will return to normal, and whether this was just a computer glitch or a possibly hacking attempt.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation