UPDATE: 4:05P — The computer networks are back online.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office and the Palm Beach County Jail have suffered a massive computer outage that has lasted most of the day.
Visitors to either of the two agency's website have been met with nothing since early this morning — just a blank page. There is no redirection to a message and no way to obtain information that would normally appear on either of the sites. While the Sheriff's Office website provides phone numbers and general information, the Palm Beach County Jail website offers families of those arrest information concerning the location of their loved ones. It also provides bail information, charges and case numbers.
The main telephone number (non emergency) for the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office is 561-688-4340
We are told the county IT department is aware of the outage and working feverishly to get everything back online.
It is unclear when the websites will return to normal, and whether this was just a computer glitch or a possibly hacking attempt.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?