BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a thousand times. If you’re up to no good with your friends, if you’re carrying drugs, and if you haven’t crafted a story that everyone in your car can tell flawlessly, just stay out of Boca Raton.
The police department’s tactical team will find you and arrest you. It’s just that simple.
It’s the reality being lived by Shakeem Hill, 19; Jaheim Richardson, 18; Sidney Molines, 18; and Chauncy Lewis, 24, all of Fort Lauderdale.
Boca PD explains what happened and where:
On Wednesday, March 13th around noon, members of the Boca Raton Police Services Department Tac Team noticed a car, with very dark tinted windows, driving west on NW 37th Street. The driver turned into a driveway of a house, immediately backed out and drove in the opposite direction. The driver failed to stop at a stop sign at Jog Road. The officer continued following the car until other units arrived to back him up.
When backup arrived, the car was stopped and four individuals in the car were questioned. All four people were from Fort Lauderdale and gave various stories as to why they were in the city. While searching one occupant, Jaheim Richardson, officers found a window punch in his pocket. Officers also found 45 pieces of crack cocaine on Shakeem Hill. In the car, officers found marijuana and a loaded Smith & Wesson revolver under the rear bench seat, which Hill admitted belonged to him. He said he had just purchased the gun from an unknown person near Glades Road.
All occupants were charged with Loitering & Prowling, and possession of Marijuana. Hill was charged with Possession of crack cocaine with intent to sell, possession of a firearm during any felony and carrying a concealed firearm during commission of a felony.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation