UPDATE: Friday, 10pm: There appears to be confusion as to what charges have actually been filed against Llera. Public jail and court records confirm a charge of premeditated first degree murder. However, there is indication that this may be a clerical error, as the police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com shows that officers charged him with attempted murder, as no one died in this case. Despite the lack of death, Llera's record as of Friday night still shows a charge of premeditated first degree murder.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A West Boca Raton man has been charged with attempted first degree premeditated murder, aggravated battery and kidnapping.
Angel Llera, 64, of 12028 Quilting Lane — in the Boca Winds community — is being held without bond.
Deputies say he stabbed a family member in an attempt to kill them. That attempt caused serious injury but not death.
The incident early Wednesday evening in the house Llera shares with other family members. He was originally charged with attempted murder, although that charge was elevated to first degree murder, according to court documents.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated