UPDATE: Friday, 10pm: There appears to be confusion as to what charges have actually been filed against Llera. Public jail and court records confirm a charge of premeditated first degree murder. However, there is indication that this may be a clerical error, as the police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com shows that officers charged him with attempted murder, as no one died in this case. Despite the lack of death, Llera's record as of Friday night still shows a charge of premeditated first degree murder.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A West Boca Raton man has been charged with attempted first degree premeditated murder, aggravated battery and kidnapping.
Angel Llera, 64, of 12028 Quilting Lane — in the Boca Winds community — is being held without bond.
Deputies say he stabbed a family member in an attempt to kill them. That attempt caused serious injury but not death.
The incident early Wednesday evening in the house Llera shares with other family members. He was originally charged with attempted murder, although that charge was elevated to first degree murder, according to court documents.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation