UPDATE: Friday, 10pm: There appears to be confusion as to what charges have actually been filed against Llera. Public jail and court records confirm a charge of premeditated first degree murder. However, there is indication that this may be a clerical error, as the police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com shows that officers charged him with attempted murder, as no one died in this case. Despite the lack of death, Llera's record as of Friday night still shows a charge of premeditated first degree murder.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A West Boca Raton man has been charged with attempted first degree premeditated murder, aggravated battery and kidnapping.
Angel Llera, 64, of 12028 Quilting Lane — in the Boca Winds community — is being held without bond.
Deputies say he stabbed a family member in an attempt to kill them. That attempt caused serious injury but not death.
The incident early Wednesday evening in the house Llera shares with other family members. He was originally charged with attempted murder, although that charge was elevated to first degree murder, according to court documents.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified