BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are not releasing names or any identifying information, but this is a significant story in Boca for parents, teachers and social workers who may believe that bullying is not a big deal.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office tells us that deputies responded to an area supermarket to find a teen girl vomiting. She told deputies that she had taken 15 unidentified pills because “she gets made fun of in school and wanted to end her life.”
One of the girl's parents told investigators that the teen had been cutting her wrists, as well.
A friend told police that the teen “regularly speaks about how she is unhappy and wants to kill herself.”
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) was notified.
There is a bullying hotline in Florida: 1-800-96-ABUSE. If you believe you are the victim of bullying, please call the police, tell a teacher, administrator or older friend. The Palm Beach County School District has several bully prevention/reporting programs — click here to learn more.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake