BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We have reported previously that Publix ATMs have been front and center in skimming incidents — incidents where someone installs some sort of a device that reads personal information off of ATM cards so thugs can use the data for illegal withdrawals. A similar situation is now being investigated by Boca Raton PD.
Police tell us that someone apparently made two unauthorized withdrawals from the Presto machine at the Publix at 1101 South Federal Highway. The suspect took out $302 and $202 from a Chase account. The victim told police that she was never not in possession of her Chase ATM card, so it's unclear how the suspect was able to take out funds.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing