BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We have reported previously that Publix ATMs have been front and center in skimming incidents — incidents where someone installs some sort of a device that reads personal information off of ATM cards so thugs can use the data for illegal withdrawals. A similar situation is now being investigated by Boca Raton PD.
Police tell us that someone apparently made two unauthorized withdrawals from the Presto machine at the Publix at 1101 South Federal Highway. The suspect took out $302 and $202 from a Chase account. The victim told police that she was never not in possession of her Chase ATM card, so it's unclear how the suspect was able to take out funds.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday