BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We have reported previously that Publix ATMs have been front and center in skimming incidents — incidents where someone installs some sort of a device that reads personal information off of ATM cards so thugs can use the data for illegal withdrawals. A similar situation is now being investigated by Boca Raton PD.
Police tell us that someone apparently made two unauthorized withdrawals from the Presto machine at the Publix at 1101 South Federal Highway. The suspect took out $302 and $202 from a Chase account. The victim told police that she was never not in possession of her Chase ATM card, so it's unclear how the suspect was able to take out funds.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM ZETA: Heavy Rains South Florida, Possible Gulf Coast Strike
- HOME DEPOT: Unmasked West Boca Worker, No Response From Corporate
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 28 Forms, Gulf Coast Track Again
- BAD: Florida Reports 4,433 New COVID-19 Infections
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues