BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We have reported previously that Publix ATMs have been front and center in skimming incidents — incidents where someone installs some sort of a device that reads personal information off of ATM cards so thugs can use the data for illegal withdrawals. A similar situation is now being investigated by Boca Raton PD.
Police tell us that someone apparently made two unauthorized withdrawals from the Presto machine at the Publix at 1101 South Federal Highway. The suspect took out $302 and $202 from a Chase account. The victim told police that she was never not in possession of her Chase ATM card, so it's unclear how the suspect was able to take out funds.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441
- Thunderstorms Likely Sunday Night, Then Decent Week Ahead