BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A man allegedly stabbed his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend before being taken into custody by Boca Raton Police. Paul Charles, 24, of Lantana remains in the Palm Beach County Jail.
Here’s what Boca Raton Police say happened in the 5300 Block of NW 5th Avenue:
Arriving officers found a male victim lying unconscious on a nearby lawn and a female victim inside a residence. The female victim told officers her ex-boyfriend, identified as Paul Charles, came to her house, let himself in, and confronted her about ongoing childcare issues. Charles produced a knife and stabbed the victim. Charles then stabbed the female victim’s current boyfriend, who was also in the house. The male victim fled from the residence and ran to a neighbor’s house to get help. Both victims were transported to Delray Medical Center.
When police arrived Charles had already fled the scene. Shortly thereafter, Boca Raton Police dispatch received a call from Charles, which had been patched through by West Palm Beach Police dispatch. During the phone call, Charles confessed to the crime and apologized profusely.
Charles was located by the Palm Beach police, and at about 5:30 p.m., he was taken into custody. When detectives searched Charles, they found a knife. Detectives also located Charles’ car nearby, which contained a bloody shirt. Detectives charged Charles with armed burglary and attempted felony murder.
The female victim was treated and released from the hospital. The male victim remains in intensive care.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. | Legal Video Service, Legal Day In The Life Video | Legal Settlement Documentary
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Drug Bust: Cocaine, 25 Pounds of Pot Lands Boca Raton Man In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Has 90 Percent Chance Of Becoming Storm
- HALLOWEEN HORROR: Palm Beach Positivity Rate Spikes To 7.3 Percent
- Nearly 300 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Maskless Halloween? Send Us Your Photos Of Adults Behaving Badly
- JAIL: Prostitution Charge For 52 Year Old Boca Raton Woman
- Delray Beach Man Sentenced To 17 Years For Federal Crime
- UNSAFE? Palm Beach Schools Pushing Students To “Photo Day,” But Lifetouch Says Upload Okay
- ALERT: FLORIDA PASSES 800,000 COVID-19 CASES