BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was carjacked Thursday evening, according to Boca Raton Police.
The woman was not injured.
At about 10:50 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a carjacking that occurred at 521 NE 43 Street.
The victim told officers she had just arrived home from work when she was approached by a male asking for directions. As she was giving the directions, the male pointed a long, black handgun at her and demanded her car keys. After she gave him the keys, the suspect got into her 2008 black Nissan Altima bearing Florida tag 881TFF and drove off. The victim’s purse, which contained cash and credit cards, an iPhone, iPad, and laptop were in the car. The victim was not injured.
The suspect is described as a black male, tall and thin, wearing all dark clothing, including a hoodie. The suspect arrived in a two-toned, light colored car. The bottom portion of the car appeared to red. The vehicle followed the suspect out of the parking lot and both cars went westbound on NE 43 Street.
If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Black male, tall and thin
Wearing all black clothing
Armed with long, black handgun
Light colored two-toned car
With red on the lower portion
2008 black Nissan Altima
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Takes Apartment Manager’s Phone, Throws It
- STUNNING EMAIL: City Official Warns Others About Reporter’s Handicapped Questions
- FBI Warns Of South Florida Grandparent Scam
- LYONS ROAD NIGHTMARE TO CONTINUE: Traffic Switch Expected Soon In Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- NO CLOSURE THIS WEEKEND: Glades Road To Remain Open, Diverging Diamond Incomplete
- Multiple People Shot In Pompano Beach, Police On Scene
- Major Crash: Yamato and Military Trail In Boca Raton
- Palm Beach County Doctor Pleads Guilty To Battery
- FAU Owl, Cheerleaders Ring NYSE Bell