BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton woman was carjacked Thursday evening, according to Boca Raton Police.
The woman was not injured.
At about 10:50 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a carjacking that occurred at 521 NE 43 Street.
The victim told officers she had just arrived home from work when she was approached by a male asking for directions. As she was giving the directions, the male pointed a long, black handgun at her and demanded her car keys. After she gave him the keys, the suspect got into her 2008 black Nissan Altima bearing Florida tag 881TFF and drove off. The victim’s purse, which contained cash and credit cards, an iPhone, iPad, and laptop were in the car. The victim was not injured.
The suspect is described as a black male, tall and thin, wearing all dark clothing, including a hoodie. The suspect arrived in a two-toned, light colored car. The bottom portion of the car appeared to red. The vehicle followed the suspect out of the parking lot and both cars went westbound on NE 43 Street.
If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Scott Hanley at (561) 338-1344 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Black male, tall and thin
Wearing all black clothing
Armed with long, black handgun
Light colored two-toned car
With red on the lower portion
2008 black Nissan Altima
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation