UPDATE 11:50a: I-75 has been reopened. Traffic remains slow as congestion clears.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The entire length of Alligator Alley, between Naples and the toll plaza in Broward County is completely shut down.
The Florida Highway Patrol says a massive brush fire along I-75 has created poor visibility and the highway is unsafe to drive at this time.
There is no estimate for when the highway will reopen.
The closure is creating significant travel problems for vacationers attempting to return home after spending the holiday weekend on either side of the peninsula.
Use the “live traffic” link in our menu, above, for real time updates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday