UPDATE 11:50a: I-75 has been reopened. Traffic remains slow as congestion clears.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The entire length of Alligator Alley, between Naples and the toll plaza in Broward County is completely shut down.
The Florida Highway Patrol says a massive brush fire along I-75 has created poor visibility and the highway is unsafe to drive at this time.
There is no estimate for when the highway will reopen.
The closure is creating significant travel problems for vacationers attempting to return home after spending the holiday weekend on either side of the peninsula.
Use the “live traffic” link in our menu, above, for real time updates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing