UPDATE 11:50a: I-75 has been reopened. Traffic remains slow as congestion clears.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The entire length of Alligator Alley, between Naples and the toll plaza in Broward County is completely shut down.
The Florida Highway Patrol says a massive brush fire along I-75 has created poor visibility and the highway is unsafe to drive at this time.
There is no estimate for when the highway will reopen.
The closure is creating significant travel problems for vacationers attempting to return home after spending the holiday weekend on either side of the peninsula.
Use the “live traffic” link in our menu, above, for real time updates.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent