BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As we were first to report early this morning, Boca Raton Police have now charged Paul Charles,24, of Lantana, with first degree murder, following the death of Matthew Snow, the man he allegedly stabbed last week.
Charles stabbed Snow and Snow’s girlfriend — Charles’ ex. Charles was apparently upset over “ongoing childcare issues,” according to Boca Raton Police.
Detectives tell us that Paul Charles came to her house, let himself in, and confronted her. Charles produced a knife and stabbed his ex. Charles then stabbed his ex-girlfriend’s current boyfriend — Mathew Snow — who was also in the house.
Snow fled the scene and called police from a neighbor’s home.
Charles later called police himself. He was routed to the dispatch center for the West Palm Beach Police Department which transferred the call to Boca Police. Investigators say Charles “apologized profusely” for the crime and confessed. He was taken into custody by West Palm Beach officers. He remains in the Palm Beach County Jail.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation