BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As we were first to report early this morning, Boca Raton Police have now charged Paul Charles,24, of Lantana, with first degree murder, following the death of Matthew Snow, the man he allegedly stabbed last week.
Charles stabbed Snow and Snow’s girlfriend — Charles’ ex. Charles was apparently upset over “ongoing childcare issues,” according to Boca Raton Police.
Detectives tell us that Paul Charles came to her house, let himself in, and confronted her. Charles produced a knife and stabbed his ex. Charles then stabbed his ex-girlfriend’s current boyfriend — Mathew Snow — who was also in the house.
Snow fled the scene and called police from a neighbor’s home.
Charles later called police himself. He was routed to the dispatch center for the West Palm Beach Police Department which transferred the call to Boca Police. Investigators say Charles “apologized profusely” for the crime and confessed. He was taken into custody by West Palm Beach officers. He remains in the Palm Beach County Jail.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K