BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The former general manager of the now-defunct “Boca Raton News” opened fire on Sharon Bellingham in the office where she worked Wednesday morning before turning the gun on himself. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
BocaNewsNow.com has no relationship to the old “Boca Raton News.”
Bellingham was — and police say may have been at the time of her death — Edgerton’s wife. The two own a home at 21606 San Lorenzo Avenue in West Boca. The home was purchased in December of 1985.
Police say Bellingham was the mother of two.
Boca Raton Police received a “shots fired” call at 9:25 this morning and were on scene on the fifth floor of the Comerica Bank Building — 1675 North Military Trail — moments later. They found two bodies in the fifth floor offices of CBIZ Goldstein Lewin, an accounting firm.
There were no other injuries.
Military Trail near Boca Raton Town Center Mall was shut for most of the morning as police controlled the situation and confirmed that this was an isolated event.
Edgerton most recently worked as the director of the “Group Counseling Center” in Boca Raton. Prior to his work at the Boca Raton News, Edgerton worked for the Knight Ridder company which owned several newspapers, including the Miami Herald.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases