UPDATE 9:52pm: The sheriff's office tells us that this was apparently the result of a water main break. Crews were digging in the area of Morikami Park all day, and one apparently hit the water main, sending water gushing throughout the area, flooding streets and area parking lots. No estimate on damage or repair costs at this point.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are heading through Boca and Delray this afternoon, stay away from Jog Road. It is completely flooded near a construction zone just north of Clint Moore Rd.
Traffic is crawling. PBSO is on the scene.
It's unclear if this is from the rain or a problem at the construction site which included digging.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules