UPDATE: Several people have emailed us saying that they saw the accident, yet these readers seem to be unwilling to speak with investigators. If you witnessed this accident, please call the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, or email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com and we will get you in touch with the right people. Coming forward is very important in this case, as investigators work to determine exactly what happened.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 12-year-old girl was struck and killed by a car Sunday evening near the intersection of West Palmetto Park Road and Boca Del Mar Drive.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office says that Shoshana Rachel Stern of the 7000 block of San Sebastian Drive was crossing “from the south side of West Palmetto Park Road to the north side of West Palmetto Park Road while utilizing the crosswalk. (Stern) was on a skateboard and physically pedaling across the roadway on her skateboard.”
A 2005 Ford Mustang driven by 24-year-old Marvin Stanley James of Beech Drive in West Palm Beach apparently entered the intersection and struck the young girl, killing her.
It is unclear whether the girl — or the driver — had the right of way.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Vehicle Homicide Investigation team is handling the case.
Ed. Note: We do not want to sensationalize this story, but if readers would like to share memories and photos of Shoshana, please post below or email us at news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools
- Broken Sound Country Club Cited By Health Inspector