BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Police tend to advise would-be victims from going all “Jack Bauer” on their potential attackers, but that didn't stop a man from from attacking his attacker in the parking lot of the Boca Raton Renaissance Hotel.
Here is the incredible story, in the words of the Boca Raton Police Department:
The victims, a male and his fiancé, told officers they had attended a function nearby and had just arrived in the hotel parking lot. They parked their car and were walking to the hotel when a male approached them, pointed a black semi-automatic handgun at them and demanded their money. The male victim punched the gun the suspect was holding and it flew out of his hand. As the suspect went to recover the gun, the victims ran inside the hotel. The suspect followed them to the hotel entrance, but did not enter. The suspect ran east through the parking lot. The victims were not injured.
The suspect is described as a black male, stocky build, about 5’10” to 6’1” tall, wearing dark clothing and had a blue or black bandana covering the lower portion of his face.
If anyone has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Ron Mello at (561) 620-6186 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
B/M, 5’10” to 6’1” tall
Wearing all dark clothing
Armed with black, semi-automatic handgun
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road
- Jewish Family Services In Palm Beach County Offers Hurricane Help To Seniors
- UPDATE: Man Killed In Shooting After Crash South Of Boca Raton
- OFFICIAL: Ocean One Grille Delray Has Flying Insect, “Mold-Like Substance” Problem
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach