POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A body was found floating the Hillsboro Inlet early this morning, and now the Broward Sheriff's Office and the US Coast Guard are in the midst of an investigation attempting to determine who the person is and how they died.
According to BSO:
An angler discovered a body in the ocean about a quarter mile offshore Tuesday morning just south of the Hillsboro Inlet. The man contacted the United States Coast Guard, who notified the Broward Sheriff’s Office dive team.
Once BSO’s dive team recovered the body and brought it back to land, homicide and crime scene detectives began their investigation to determine the person’s identity and the cause and manner of death. There was some dive equipment recovered with the body, which appeared to have been in the water for several days.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge