POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A body was found floating the Hillsboro Inlet early this morning, and now the Broward Sheriff's Office and the US Coast Guard are in the midst of an investigation attempting to determine who the person is and how they died.
According to BSO:
An angler discovered a body in the ocean about a quarter mile offshore Tuesday morning just south of the Hillsboro Inlet. The man contacted the United States Coast Guard, who notified the Broward Sheriff’s Office dive team.
Once BSO’s dive team recovered the body and brought it back to land, homicide and crime scene detectives began their investigation to determine the person’s identity and the cause and manner of death. There was some dive equipment recovered with the body, which appeared to have been in the water for several days.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday