POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A body was found floating the Hillsboro Inlet early this morning, and now the Broward Sheriff's Office and the US Coast Guard are in the midst of an investigation attempting to determine who the person is and how they died.
According to BSO:
An angler discovered a body in the ocean about a quarter mile offshore Tuesday morning just south of the Hillsboro Inlet. The man contacted the United States Coast Guard, who notified the Broward Sheriff’s Office dive team.
Once BSO’s dive team recovered the body and brought it back to land, homicide and crime scene detectives began their investigation to determine the person’s identity and the cause and manner of death. There was some dive equipment recovered with the body, which appeared to have been in the water for several days.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Three Arrested In Yom Kippur Anti-Semitic Vandalism
- HURRICANE SEASON ENDS: HOW CLOSE WERE THE PREDICTIONS TO REALITY?
- Computer Issue Hampers Boca Raton Regional Hospital Wednesday
- Boca Raton Woman Arrested After Incident Outside Renzo’s Pizza
- Woodfield Country Club Homeowners Sue Neighbors For Fraud
- City Of Boca Raton Appoints New City Council Member
- SKETCH RELEASED: I-95 SHOOTING LEFT THREE INJURED, INCLUDING CHILD
- LAWSUIT: Avante Boca Raton Nursing Home Patient Breaks Leg After Hit By Cart
- That Really Was A Body By The Turnpike South Of Boca Raton