POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A body was found floating the Hillsboro Inlet early this morning, and now the Broward Sheriff's Office and the US Coast Guard are in the midst of an investigation attempting to determine who the person is and how they died.
According to BSO:
An angler discovered a body in the ocean about a quarter mile offshore Tuesday morning just south of the Hillsboro Inlet. The man contacted the United States Coast Guard, who notified the Broward Sheriff’s Office dive team.
Once BSO’s dive team recovered the body and brought it back to land, homicide and crime scene detectives began their investigation to determine the person’s identity and the cause and manner of death. There was some dive equipment recovered with the body, which appeared to have been in the water for several days.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Zoom Eliminates 40 Minute Limit For Thanksgiving
- At Least Eleven Hospitalized Today For COVID in Palm Beach County
- COVID FLORIDA: Another 8085 Infected, Another 72 Dead
- SOLD: Eagles Landing And The Night Owls Camp To Change Hands
- LAWSUIT: Spanish River High School Assistant Principal Discriminated Against Custodian
- Boca Raton Surgeon John Baker Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Student
- DEATHSANTIS: Florida Tops 18,000 COVID-19 Deaths, Governor Silent On Grim Milestone
- Broward County Donates 15,000 Pounds Of Food For Thanksgiving
- BOYNTON POLICE: 81 Year Old Man Charged With DUI In Fatal Crash