POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A body was found floating the Hillsboro Inlet early this morning, and now the Broward Sheriff's Office and the US Coast Guard are in the midst of an investigation attempting to determine who the person is and how they died.
According to BSO:
An angler discovered a body in the ocean about a quarter mile offshore Tuesday morning just south of the Hillsboro Inlet. The man contacted the United States Coast Guard, who notified the Broward Sheriff’s Office dive team.
Once BSO’s dive team recovered the body and brought it back to land, homicide and crime scene detectives began their investigation to determine the person’s identity and the cause and manner of death. There was some dive equipment recovered with the body, which appeared to have been in the water for several days.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes
- EXTREMELY DRUNK: Cops Say Boca Raton Man Three Times Limit
- AT LEAST SIX SEX OFFENDERS LIVE IN KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH
- Moses Sues Walmart, Claims Parking Lot More Dangerous Than Red Sea
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed