BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Call it a coincidence, call it a crack down in West Boca Raton, but deputies nabbed three people possessing marijuana at roughly the same place on two different days.
In the first incident, the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office pulled over a driver at the intersection of Ponderosa Drive and Palmetto Park Road around 1:50 in the morning on April 8th. The driver failed to use a turn signal. Both the driver and the passenger were cited for possessing marijuana under 20 grams. They were given a “notice to appear” and released from the scene.
On April 11th, at North Ponderosa Drive and Judge Winikoff Road — just yards away — a woman was arrested for marijuana possession at 10:30 in the evening. She, too, was given a notice to appear.
It is unclear if police believe there is an increase in marijuana transport through the sleepy suburban communities west of 441 — and if so, whether they are targeting the area in and around Logger’s Run.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities