BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Strong storms are moving through Boca Raton late this afternoon and the National Weather Service says you can expect hail and heavy rain to accompany the downpours.
Just out from the National Weather Service:
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP OVER
PORTIONS OF SOUTH FLORIDA THROUGH THE LATE AFTERNOON HOURS. THE
LATEST RADAR LOOP SHOWED MOST OF THIS COVERAGE EXTENDING NORTH
FROM THE COUNTY LINE OF BROWARD AND COLLIER TO INLAND PALM BEACH
COUNTY NEAR US 27 TRACKING EASTWARD. THESE STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE
OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH AND SMALL HAIL. IN
ADDITION...LOCALIZED FLOODING OVER THE EAST COAST METRO AND
COASTAL AREAS WILL BECOME A CONCERN LATER IN THE AFTERNOON AND
EARLY EVENING AS THESE STORMS CONTINUE TO DEVELOP AND SPREAD EAST.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates