BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Flights at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Palm Beach International (PBI) are experiencing significant delays as we head into the afternoon rush. This is the first day that passengers are expected to feel the impact of the so-called “sequester.”
It is unclear if the delays are all related to budget cuts and furloughs.
At FLL, FlightAware.com reports inbound delays averaging 41 minutes with departure delays averaging 55 minutes.
At PBI, delays appear to be averaging a solid half-hour in each direction, based on information provided by the airport’s website.
As always, check your airline’s website before heading to the airport.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month