BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Flights at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Palm Beach International (PBI) are experiencing significant delays as we head into the afternoon rush. This is the first day that passengers are expected to feel the impact of the so-called “sequester.”
It is unclear if the delays are all related to budget cuts and furloughs.
At FLL, FlightAware.com reports inbound delays averaging 41 minutes with departure delays averaging 55 minutes.
At PBI, delays appear to be averaging a solid half-hour in each direction, based on information provided by the airport’s website.
As always, check your airline’s website before heading to the airport.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days