BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Flights at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Palm Beach International (PBI) are experiencing significant delays as we head into the afternoon rush. This is the first day that passengers are expected to feel the impact of the so-called “sequester.”
It is unclear if the delays are all related to budget cuts and furloughs.
At FLL, FlightAware.com reports inbound delays averaging 41 minutes with departure delays averaging 55 minutes.
At PBI, delays appear to be averaging a solid half-hour in each direction, based on information provided by the airport’s website.
As always, check your airline’s website before heading to the airport.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive