BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Flights at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) and Palm Beach International (PBI) are experiencing significant delays as we head into the afternoon rush. This is the first day that passengers are expected to feel the impact of the so-called “sequester.”
It is unclear if the delays are all related to budget cuts and furloughs.
At FLL, FlightAware.com reports inbound delays averaging 41 minutes with departure delays averaging 55 minutes.
At PBI, delays appear to be averaging a solid half-hour in each direction, based on information provided by the airport’s website.
As always, check your airline’s website before heading to the airport.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Man Accused Of Sales Tax Fraud
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441
- Thunderstorms Likely Sunday Night, Then Decent Week Ahead