UPDATED: 4:01p — The Officer was in a marked vehicle and on duty at the time of the accident.
UDATED: 3:53p — The Officer is identified as Richard McNevin. A black Hyundai Sonata allegedly ran a red light at Swinton and NE4th.
UPDATED: 2:12p — Officer was not in pursuit.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boynton Beach Police Officer has been involved in an accident near the intersection of Swinton Avenue and NE 4th Avenue in Delray Beach. The officer was injured and is being transported to Delray Medical Center.
The driver of the other vehicle, according to a Boynton Beach Police spokesperson, is also injured and being transported to the hospital.
The Boynton Beach Officer was not in pursuit at the time of the accident. It is unclear if the officer was even on duty. The officer’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
We will update when we we receive more information.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Zoom Eliminates 40 Minute Limit For Thanksgiving
- At Least Eleven Hospitalized Today For COVID in Palm Beach County
- COVID FLORIDA: Another 8085 Infected, Another 72 Dead
- SOLD: Eagles Landing And The Night Owls Camp To Change Hands
- LAWSUIT: Spanish River High School Assistant Principal Discriminated Against Custodian
- Boca Raton Surgeon John Baker Jailed, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Student
- DEATHSANTIS: Florida Tops 18,000 COVID-19 Deaths, Governor Silent On Grim Milestone
- Broward County Donates 15,000 Pounds Of Food For Thanksgiving
- BOYNTON POLICE: 81 Year Old Man Charged With DUI In Fatal Crash