UPDATED: 4:01p — The Officer was in a marked vehicle and on duty at the time of the accident.
UDATED: 3:53p — The Officer is identified as Richard McNevin. A black Hyundai Sonata allegedly ran a red light at Swinton and NE4th.
UPDATED: 2:12p — Officer was not in pursuit.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boynton Beach Police Officer has been involved in an accident near the intersection of Swinton Avenue and NE 4th Avenue in Delray Beach. The officer was injured and is being transported to Delray Medical Center.
The driver of the other vehicle, according to a Boynton Beach Police spokesperson, is also injured and being transported to the hospital.
The Boynton Beach Officer was not in pursuit at the time of the accident. It is unclear if the officer was even on duty. The officer’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
We will update when we we receive more information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified