UPDATED: 4:01p — The Officer was in a marked vehicle and on duty at the time of the accident.
UDATED: 3:53p — The Officer is identified as Richard McNevin. A black Hyundai Sonata allegedly ran a red light at Swinton and NE4th.
UPDATED: 2:12p — Officer was not in pursuit.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boynton Beach Police Officer has been involved in an accident near the intersection of Swinton Avenue and NE 4th Avenue in Delray Beach. The officer was injured and is being transported to Delray Medical Center.
The driver of the other vehicle, according to a Boynton Beach Police spokesperson, is also injured and being transported to the hospital.
The Boynton Beach Officer was not in pursuit at the time of the accident. It is unclear if the officer was even on duty. The officer’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
We will update when we we receive more information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation