UPDATED: 4:01p — The Officer was in a marked vehicle and on duty at the time of the accident.
UDATED: 3:53p — The Officer is identified as Richard McNevin. A black Hyundai Sonata allegedly ran a red light at Swinton and NE4th.
UPDATED: 2:12p — Officer was not in pursuit.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boynton Beach Police Officer has been involved in an accident near the intersection of Swinton Avenue and NE 4th Avenue in Delray Beach. The officer was injured and is being transported to Delray Medical Center.
The driver of the other vehicle, according to a Boynton Beach Police spokesperson, is also injured and being transported to the hospital.
The Boynton Beach Officer was not in pursuit at the time of the accident. It is unclear if the officer was even on duty. The officer’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
We will update when we we receive more information.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club