UPDATED: 4:01p — The Officer was in a marked vehicle and on duty at the time of the accident.
UDATED: 3:53p — The Officer is identified as Richard McNevin. A black Hyundai Sonata allegedly ran a red light at Swinton and NE4th.
UPDATED: 2:12p — Officer was not in pursuit.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boynton Beach Police Officer has been involved in an accident near the intersection of Swinton Avenue and NE 4th Avenue in Delray Beach. The officer was injured and is being transported to Delray Medical Center.
The driver of the other vehicle, according to a Boynton Beach Police spokesperson, is also injured and being transported to the hospital.
The Boynton Beach Officer was not in pursuit at the time of the accident. It is unclear if the officer was even on duty. The officer’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
We will update when we we receive more information.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event
- OLYMPIC HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL: Report Of Gas Leak Brings Fire Response
- FAU Heads To Final Four, What’s Your Florida Atlantic Story?
- Naked Woman Found Climbing Tree, Police Think Involved In Palm Beach County Murder
- More Traffic Frustration In Boca Raton Set For Sunday Night, Monday Morning
- BOCA RUDETON: Publix Again For The Dogs, Thanks To Woman At Westwinds Plaza
- TRAFFIC: Major I-95 Southbound Delays Expected Sunday
- BOIL WATER ADVISORY ISSUED FOR PART OF OUR COVERAGE AREA