BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We received word this morning that attorney Jeff Herman is filing a lawsuit against the Palm Beach County School District, claiming that the school system did nothing when one elementary school student “sexually assaulted” another student at Coral Sunset Elementary School.
According to a press release issued by the attorney's office:
During the 2011 school year, JANE DOE and A.J. were both assigned to the class of Coral Sunset Elementary School teacher Ms. Oliver. During the school year, A.J. repeatedly sexually harassed and made inappropriate sexual comments towards JANE DOE.On more than one occasion, an unsupervised A.J. sexually assaulted JANE DOE. These incidents were reported to Ms. Oliver and Principal Danielle Garcia. A.J. was sent to the principal’s office for the sexual assault. No further action was taken by Principal Danielle Garcia to punish A.J. or take any corrective action whatsoever to prevent another sexual assault by A.J. or to protect JANE DOE from harm.
On or about May 6, 2011, JANE DOE was at recess during the school day at Coral Sunset Elementary School. During the course of her play, JANE DOE and other students were left unsupervised. As a result of the lack of supervision and the school’s failure to take any corrective action following A.J.’s prior sexual assaults, JANE DOE was sexually assaulted by A.J. and two other boys.
No immediate counter-press release from the Palm Beach County School District. There is no indication that criminal charges were ever filed in this case.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens