UPDATE: 10:04 am: Good news from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The child, a young girl, is 12 or 13 years old and only sustained hip injuries and a few scrapes. Police say she actually crawled out of the roadway after being struck. She is being observed at Delray Medical Center. The driver, in a black Lexus, is not going to be cited. She was traveling south on Lyons Road and found NOT at fault. The child apparently entered the roadway unexpectedly.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A child was struck by a car and seriously injured this morning in the area of Lyons Road and SW 1st Street in Suburban Boca Raton. Palm Beach County Fire Rescue tells BocaNewsNow.com that calls were received at 8:16 this morning, with police and emergency medical crews arriving just moments later.
The child was found laying in the roadway, just South of Palmetto Park Road.
The child was rushed to the trauma unit at Delray Medical Center.
We are awaiting an update from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
View Larger Map
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint