UPDATE: 10:04 am: Good news from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The child, a young girl, is 12 or 13 years old and only sustained hip injuries and a few scrapes. Police say she actually crawled out of the roadway after being struck. She is being observed at Delray Medical Center. The driver, in a black Lexus, is not going to be cited. She was traveling south on Lyons Road and found NOT at fault. The child apparently entered the roadway unexpectedly.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A child was struck by a car and seriously injured this morning in the area of Lyons Road and SW 1st Street in Suburban Boca Raton. Palm Beach County Fire Rescue tells BocaNewsNow.com that calls were received at 8:16 this morning, with police and emergency medical crews arriving just moments later.
The child was found laying in the roadway, just South of Palmetto Park Road.
The child was rushed to the trauma unit at Delray Medical Center.
We are awaiting an update from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
View Larger Map
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach