UPDATE: 10:04 am: Good news from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The child, a young girl, is 12 or 13 years old and only sustained hip injuries and a few scrapes. Police say she actually crawled out of the roadway after being struck. She is being observed at Delray Medical Center. The driver, in a black Lexus, is not going to be cited. She was traveling south on Lyons Road and found NOT at fault. The child apparently entered the roadway unexpectedly.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A child was struck by a car and seriously injured this morning in the area of Lyons Road and SW 1st Street in Suburban Boca Raton. Palm Beach County Fire Rescue tells BocaNewsNow.com that calls were received at 8:16 this morning, with police and emergency medical crews arriving just moments later.
The child was found laying in the roadway, just South of Palmetto Park Road.
The child was rushed to the trauma unit at Delray Medical Center.
We are awaiting an update from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
View Larger Map
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance