UPDATE: 10:04 am: Good news from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The child, a young girl, is 12 or 13 years old and only sustained hip injuries and a few scrapes. Police say she actually crawled out of the roadway after being struck. She is being observed at Delray Medical Center. The driver, in a black Lexus, is not going to be cited. She was traveling south on Lyons Road and found NOT at fault. The child apparently entered the roadway unexpectedly.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A child was struck by a car and seriously injured this morning in the area of Lyons Road and SW 1st Street in Suburban Boca Raton. Palm Beach County Fire Rescue tells BocaNewsNow.com that calls were received at 8:16 this morning, with police and emergency medical crews arriving just moments later.
The child was found laying in the roadway, just South of Palmetto Park Road.
The child was rushed to the trauma unit at Delray Medical Center.
We are awaiting an update from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
View Larger Map
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Forms, May Develop In Caribbean
- Polo Club Boca Bans Visiting Family Members, Guests From Facilities
- Florida Adds 26,269 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week, Death Count Rising
- Palm Beach County: Don’t Mail Your Ballot, Hand Deliver
- Hurricane Center: Another Tropical System Forming
- Palm Beach Students Not Distancing Says School Board Member
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing