UPDATE: 8:46pm — The National Weather Service now confirms to CBS affiliate WPEC that a tornado touched down near the 3000 block of North Federal Highway in Boca Raton this afternoon. It was likey an F0.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are receiving reports from readers throughout Boca Raton and Delray Beach revealing just how bad the flooding is in the area following this afternoon's major storm.
Cars are stuck — in the water — on Jog Road and also Linton Blvd. Tow trucks are in the area trying to clear the vehicles, most of which are sedans, Porches, convertibles and sports cars that should have never attempted to clear deep, standing water.
Military Trail is still very slow going in many parts, as water is blocking the far right, northbound lanes.
Glades Road is water logged west of 441.
441 North and South throughout Boca and Delray is fine overall, but some drivers — we are being told — are overly enthusiastic and not driving at appropriate speeds for the weather.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation