BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Like ice cream? Like silent movies? Then you’ll love the upcoming celebration set for FAU:
Florida Atlantic University will celebrate the 92nd birthday of benefactor Arthur Jaffe, founder and curator of the Arthur and Mata Jaffe Center for Book Arts, by hosting an old-fashioned ice cream social, silent movies and a printing project in the center’s letterpress studio during an Open House on Sunday, May 5, from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Wimberly Library on the Boca Raton campus, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton.
The celebration is free and open to the public. In lieu of birthday gifts, Jaffe, who transformed a private collection of artists’ books into one of the nation’s most prominent centers for books handmade by artists, suggests donating to the Jaffe Center for Book Arts’ Education Fund, which pays for programming, including exhibitions, gallery talks, film screenings and student scholarships, or to the Jaffe Support Fund, which pays for new artists’ books for the collection, which contains more than 12,000 rare books.
Checks should be made payable to FAU Foundation and the fund designation should be noted on the memo line. Credit card donations will also be accepted. Parking for the event is free in the non-metered spaces in lots 19 and 20 at the Wimberly Library, in Parking Garage 1 and on Volusia Street.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center