BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The woman who police say was killed after she rammed a day care van in Pompano Beach Friday was from Boca Raton.
Keturah Kelly, 24, of Clear Creek Place — in Logger's Run — died at the scene.
According to the Broward Sheriff's Office:
The woman killed Friday afternoon when she crashed into the back of a daycare van was 24-year-old Keturah Kelly of Boca Raton. Kelly's dark blue Nissan Altima was travelling at a high rate of speed when it rear-ended the daycare van. Six children and the woman driving the daycare van were injured.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators said the crash happened at 2:41 p.m. at the intersection of Northwest 27th Avenue and Northwest 9th Street in a residential area in Pompano Beach. Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded along with BSO.
PBFR paramedics treated the children and their driver, 52-year-old Veronica Blackman, on scene and transported them to Broward Health North and Broward Health Medical Center. None appeared to have life-threatening injuries. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K