BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Proving that criminals are not the smartest folks out there, a man allegedly burgled an area convenience store on Friday, then came back to do it again on Sunday.
According to Boca PD:
On Friday, April 19 at just after 3:00 a.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to an alarm at the B-Kwik, 1921 North Federal Highway.
When officers arrived they found the front door was smashed out and the interior ransacked. As officers entered the store, they found drawers open and items strewn around. Video surveillance showed a male threw a rock through the front window at about 3:00 a.m. The suspect entered the store and searched it before taking an undetermined amount of cash and lottery tickets. The suspect left through the front door.
On Sunday, April 21 at about 11:30 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to the B-Kwik again regarding an alarm. When they arrived they found the front window shattered, the office ransacked and a small amount of cash missing. Surveillance footage showed a male who appeared to be the same suspect.
On May 5th, investigators received information that deputies at the Broward County Sheriff’s Office arrested a suspect in connection with multiple convenience store burglaries. The suspect, Vincent Moorman, was shown images captured on store security camera’s and confessed to both break-ins. Moorman also admitted to breaking into the Crown Liquor store in Boca Raton on May 1st.
Moorman, already in jail in Broward, was additionally charged with three counts of Burglary to a Structure, Grand Theft, Petit Theft and criminal mischief.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance