BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Proving that criminals are not the smartest folks out there, a man allegedly burgled an area convenience store on Friday, then came back to do it again on Sunday.
According to Boca PD:
On Friday, April 19 at just after 3:00 a.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to an alarm at the B-Kwik, 1921 North Federal Highway.
When officers arrived they found the front door was smashed out and the interior ransacked. As officers entered the store, they found drawers open and items strewn around. Video surveillance showed a male threw a rock through the front window at about 3:00 a.m. The suspect entered the store and searched it before taking an undetermined amount of cash and lottery tickets. The suspect left through the front door.
On Sunday, April 21 at about 11:30 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to the B-Kwik again regarding an alarm. When they arrived they found the front window shattered, the office ransacked and a small amount of cash missing. Surveillance footage showed a male who appeared to be the same suspect.
On May 5th, investigators received information that deputies at the Broward County Sheriff’s Office arrested a suspect in connection with multiple convenience store burglaries. The suspect, Vincent Moorman, was shown images captured on store security camera’s and confessed to both break-ins. Moorman also admitted to breaking into the Crown Liquor store in Boca Raton on May 1st.
Moorman, already in jail in Broward, was additionally charged with three counts of Burglary to a Structure, Grand Theft, Petit Theft and criminal mischief.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Forms East Of Florida As Another System Starts To Develop
- Delray Beach Man Charged With DUI Minutes After Leaving Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Depression Forming East Of Florida As Ophelia Moves Up Coast
- Body Found In Boca Gardens Blaze, One Person Dead
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Another Resident Arrested, Jailed From Delray Beach Home
- ALERT: Brightline Strikes Pedestrian In Delray Beach, Expect Traffic Issues
- Postal Worker Robbed At Gunpoint In West Boca Raton, Investigation Continues
- Realtor Sues Boca Raton Woman Who Refuses To Sell Her Home
- Palm Beach County Resident Guilty Of Fentanyl Distribution, Federal Prison