BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton police found what they were looking for in the last place he was put. The suspect in a March carjacking, already in the Broward County Jail.
According to Boca PD:
On Thursday, March 28 at about 10:50 p.m., Boca Raton Police officers responded to a report of a carjacking that occurred at 521 NE 43 Street.
The victim told officers she had just arrived home from work when she was approached by a male asking for directions. As she was giving the directions, the male pointed a long, black handgun at her and demanded her car keys. After she gave him the keys, the suspect got into her 2008 black Nissan Altima bearing Florida tag 881TFF and drove off. The victim’s purse, which contained cash and credit cards, an iPhone, iPad, and laptop were in the car. The victim was not injured.
During the investigation, detectives with the Boca Raton Police Services Department learned about an armed carjacking in Delray Beach where a white Dodge Charger was stolen. Hours later, deputies from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office (BSO) located the Charger along with the car from the Boca Raton carjacking at the Plantation Inn in Plantation. Surveillance video showed both cars arriving two hours after the carjacking in Delray Beach. It also showed Myronn Berry driving the car belonging to the Boca Raton victim. Most of the victim’s property was recovered, along with majority of the cash stolen. Both Berry and Alexander Boyd were arrested by BSO.
Detectives from the Boca Raton Police Services Department then went to the Broward County jail to interview Boyd. Boyd gave investigators detailed information about the night of the carjacking in Boca Raton. The red and gold color car the victim saw at the scene when she was carjacked was also recovered as a stolen vehicle by BSO in Lauderdale Lakes.
Detectives went to the Broward County jail to talk with Myronn Berry who was uncooperative and refused to speak. Based on the information laid out by detectives Berry was charged with armed carjacking.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Asbsent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List