PARKLAND, FL (BocaNewsnow.com) — An elderly man apparently drove his motorized wheelchair into a Parkland swimming pool this afternoon and died a short time later.
The Broward Sheriff's Office tells BocaNewsNow.com that the elderly brother of the unidentified 90-year-old man found him — and the wheelchair — in the pool around 1:45 this afternoon.
The man was dead by the time police and rescuers arrived on the scene at 4770 NW 74th Place a short time later.
Check back later for updates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K