BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are looking for a sure fire way to land a job, consider enrolling in FAU's accounting program. Every single 2013 graduate of the school's program has landed a job — and we're not talking about a small class of 8 people. Nearly 100 grads are now embarking on the career of their choice:
Florida Atlantic University’s College of Business class of 2013 accounting scholars have achieved a 100 percent job placement rate. Each graduate will be launching a career in public accounting shortly after graduation.
The program currently includes 70 undergraduate and 23 graduate students who will receive starting annual salaries averaging more than $55,000, as well as prominent opportunities for growth and development. Graduates have been place in prestigious accounting firms including: Berkowitz Dick Pollack & Brant; Daszkal Bolton; Deloitte; Ernst & Young; Grant Thornton; McGladrey; and PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
“The Accounting Scholars Program graduates have always exceled and the class of 2013 is no exception,” said Kimberly Dunn, Ph.D., director of the School of Accounting. “They are one of our most diverse and ambitious groups, collectively they represent ten countries and have already passed twenty-one parts of the CPA exam. I am confident that they will achieve great professional success.”
The Accounting Scholars Program (ASP) is a flexible honors program designed to prepare highly-motivated students for careers as professional accountants. The ASP is designed to help students achieve a high level of proficiency in skills integral to graduate studies and a variety of accounting careers. Students complete a rigorous curriculum with honors compacts and a capstone case competition. The ASP is available on both the Boca Raton and Davie campuses, and may be completed full-time or part-time in day or evening classes.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida