BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An early morning crash on I-95 in Boca Raton has left one man dead.
The Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that 31-year-old David Cadet of Lauderhill lost control of his 2000 Pontiac Grand Am on I-95 at Palmetto Park Road and crashed into a sound barrier wall, then a tree.
The initial police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com says that Cadet drove “into the emergency lane and overturned striking the outside sound barrier wall ejecting the driver into the grass shoulder.”
After impacting the sound barrier wall, the car struck a tree.
Cadet was pronounced dead on the scene.
The crash happened around 4am in the northbound lane. The highway was closed in the area for several hours.
In an example of Sun Sentinel inaccuracy: an article by Mike Clary states the victim is from Boca Raton, although the police report clearly states NW 72nd Avenue in Lauderhill.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID FLORIDA BAD: Palm Beach Positivity Tops 8 Percent, 4289 New Cases in State
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed
- VIDEO: No Masks At “One11 Boca Raton” Nightclub Party
- COVID FLORIDA: 3,361 New Infections Logged, Palm Beach County Positivity Passes 6 Percent
- UPDATE: West Delray Woman Offered To Sell Special Services To Cop
- PSAT At Spanish River High: Parents, Staffers Fear Super-Spreader Event
- Parents Sending Sick Kids To School In Palm Beach County