BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An early morning crash on I-95 in Boca Raton has left one man dead.
The Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that 31-year-old David Cadet of Lauderhill lost control of his 2000 Pontiac Grand Am on I-95 at Palmetto Park Road and crashed into a sound barrier wall, then a tree.
The initial police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com says that Cadet drove “into the emergency lane and overturned striking the outside sound barrier wall ejecting the driver into the grass shoulder.”
After impacting the sound barrier wall, the car struck a tree.
Cadet was pronounced dead on the scene.
The crash happened around 4am in the northbound lane. The highway was closed in the area for several hours.
In an example of Sun Sentinel inaccuracy: an article by Mike Clary states the victim is from Boca Raton, although the police report clearly states NW 72nd Avenue in Lauderhill.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING