BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An early morning crash on I-95 in Boca Raton has left one man dead.
The Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that 31-year-old David Cadet of Lauderhill lost control of his 2000 Pontiac Grand Am on I-95 at Palmetto Park Road and crashed into a sound barrier wall, then a tree.
The initial police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com says that Cadet drove “into the emergency lane and overturned striking the outside sound barrier wall ejecting the driver into the grass shoulder.”
After impacting the sound barrier wall, the car struck a tree.
Cadet was pronounced dead on the scene.
The crash happened around 4am in the northbound lane. The highway was closed in the area for several hours.
In an example of Sun Sentinel inaccuracy: an article by Mike Clary states the victim is from Boca Raton, although the police report clearly states NW 72nd Avenue in Lauderhill.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School