BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An early morning crash on I-95 in Boca Raton has left one man dead.
The Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that 31-year-old David Cadet of Lauderhill lost control of his 2000 Pontiac Grand Am on I-95 at Palmetto Park Road and crashed into a sound barrier wall, then a tree.
The initial police report obtained by BocaNewsNow.com says that Cadet drove “into the emergency lane and overturned striking the outside sound barrier wall ejecting the driver into the grass shoulder.”
After impacting the sound barrier wall, the car struck a tree.
Cadet was pronounced dead on the scene.
The crash happened around 4am in the northbound lane. The highway was closed in the area for several hours.
In an example of Sun Sentinel inaccuracy: an article by Mike Clary states the victim is from Boca Raton, although the police report clearly states NW 72nd Avenue in Lauderhill.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRI-RAIL NIGHTMARE: Did Boca Fire Bungle Response To Death By Train?
- Major Parking Advisory For Miami Dolphins Monday Night Game
- I-95 Closures To Continue In Boca Raton As Major Detours, Closures Planned For This Week
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH