BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Say what you will about shoplifting, but in Boca Raton, even kids who resort to theft are grounded enough to eat well.
Case in point: Boca Police tell us that 18-year-old Matthew Shandell and three juveniles are accused of stealing “shushi packs” from Whole Foods Market on Glades Road, just east of I-95. Sure, they also allegedly stole four candy bars and three bags of chips, but it's the sushi that pushed the tab over $41.
The store manager apparently saw it all happen and called the cops. He ultimately decided not to prosecute — and even got the food back before the kids dug in. Police, however, wanted to make a point and charged the four with tresspass.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint
- NEW FLORIDA COVID PROBLEMS: Area Hospitals Filling Again
- FAU Student Wins $10K For Boating App
- Boca High, Don Estridge Highest COVID Infections In South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton’s Steven Pollachek Jailed On DUI Charge, Twice Legal Limit
- Threatening To Stab Husband, Boca Raton Woman Jailed
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95