BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Say what you will about shoplifting, but in Boca Raton, even kids who resort to theft are grounded enough to eat well.
Case in point: Boca Police tell us that 18-year-old Matthew Shandell and three juveniles are accused of stealing “shushi packs” from Whole Foods Market on Glades Road, just east of I-95. Sure, they also allegedly stole four candy bars and three bags of chips, but it's the sushi that pushed the tab over $41.
The store manager apparently saw it all happen and called the cops. He ultimately decided not to prosecute — and even got the food back before the kids dug in. Police, however, wanted to make a point and charged the four with tresspass.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens