BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Fire Rescue rushed to the clubhouse pool at Boca Falls late Sunday afternoon after receiving calls that a child had drowned.
Rescuers arriving on the scene just after the first call at 5:37 found the child had been pulled from the pool and was awake and crying.
The child was rushed to West Boca Medical Center where treatment continued early Sunday evening.
It is unclear whether the child was in the pool unsupervised. There is no lifeguard at the Boca Falls pool. Keycard access is required to enter the facility.
This is the second near drowning in South Palm Beach County Sunday afternoon.
As we first reported, another child was pulled from a pool on Calibre Court — south of Palmetto Park Road on Powerline — around 1:30pm. That child was also rushed to West Boca Medical Center but was responsive, crying and awake.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K