BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Fire Rescue rushed to the clubhouse pool at Boca Falls late Sunday afternoon after receiving calls that a child had drowned.
Rescuers arriving on the scene just after the first call at 5:37 found the child had been pulled from the pool and was awake and crying.
The child was rushed to West Boca Medical Center where treatment continued early Sunday evening.
It is unclear whether the child was in the pool unsupervised. There is no lifeguard at the Boca Falls pool. Keycard access is required to enter the facility.
This is the second near drowning in South Palm Beach County Sunday afternoon.
As we first reported, another child was pulled from a pool on Calibre Court — south of Palmetto Park Road on Powerline — around 1:30pm. That child was also rushed to West Boca Medical Center but was responsive, crying and awake.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation