BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Fire Rescue rushed to the clubhouse pool at Boca Falls late Sunday afternoon after receiving calls that a child had drowned.
Rescuers arriving on the scene just after the first call at 5:37 found the child had been pulled from the pool and was awake and crying.
The child was rushed to West Boca Medical Center where treatment continued early Sunday evening.
It is unclear whether the child was in the pool unsupervised. There is no lifeguard at the Boca Falls pool. Keycard access is required to enter the facility.
This is the second near drowning in South Palm Beach County Sunday afternoon.
As we first reported, another child was pulled from a pool on Calibre Court — south of Palmetto Park Road on Powerline — around 1:30pm. That child was also rushed to West Boca Medical Center but was responsive, crying and awake.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach
- South Palm Beach County Killer In Custody According To Police
- This Man Is A Predator, Police Say He’s In Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Nephew’s Girlfriend With Broom, Jailed
- Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach 2024 Sping Graduation Dates Announced
- Another South Florida Resident Guilty For January 6th Insurrection At Capitol