BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca AT&T customers are finding that sending help to Oklahoma tornado victims takes just seconds.
AT&T is taking several steps to assist those in need in Moore and the Oklahoma City area after the community was struck by a tornado Monday.
As part of the support, AT&T is making a $100,000 contribution to the American Red Cross to assist its relief and recovery efforts. We will also be staying in close touch with the Red Cross and local authorities as they continue to assess community needs during this emergency. Other initiatives include:
· AT&T customers who want to support the Red Cross’ efforts can text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10. The donation will be charged on their monthly AT&T bill.
· AT&T is organizing employees to help victims of this devastating tornado through disaster relief drives and volunteer opportunities as critical needs are identified.
· AT&T is waiving voice, data and text overage charges through June 30 for customers in the affected areas.
AT&T is continuing our on-the-ground coordination with authorities and emergency response teams as we deploy additional crews and resources, including Cells on Wheels (COWs) and Satellite Cells on Light Trucks (COLTs), to add network capacity in the impacted areas. Despite sustaining limited damage, the vast majority of our cell sites in the area are operating, and we’re finalizing work on a few cell sites. Given heavier-than-usual call volumes, we ask customers to consider text messaging for communications with family, friends and loved ones.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON