BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The executive summary released by the Palm Beach County School District for the most recently completed third grade FCATs says it all, and reveals what can only be interpreted as a very serious problem in the county-wide education of young children in the areas of math and reading.
“From FY2012 to FY2013, the precent of proficient students in Mathematics in the School District of Palm Beach County increased from 56% to 59%.”
“In FY2012, the School District of Palm Beach County performed similar to Florida in Mathematics, and slightly lower than Florida in Reading.”
In other words: 41 percent of third graders tested failed the math FCAT. And third graders tested lower in reading skills in Palm Beach County than in many other counties state-wide.
You can review all of the results by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida
- Victims Of Double Fatal West Boca Raton Crash Identified
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON