BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The executive summary released by the Palm Beach County School District for the most recently completed third grade FCATs says it all, and reveals what can only be interpreted as a very serious problem in the county-wide education of young children in the areas of math and reading.
“From FY2012 to FY2013, the precent of proficient students in Mathematics in the School District of Palm Beach County increased from 56% to 59%.”
“In FY2012, the School District of Palm Beach County performed similar to Florida in Mathematics, and slightly lower than Florida in Reading.”
In other words: 41 percent of third graders tested failed the math FCAT. And third graders tested lower in reading skills in Palm Beach County than in many other counties state-wide.
You can review all of the results by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender