UPDATE: 8:12p — Service has been restored. Unclear if the “cutting crew” will face financial liability for the outage.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — For the second time in two days, Hotwire phone, Internet and tv service is out to much of Boca Falls, although unlike Monday's outage caused by a fiber optic cable cut somewhere else in Florida, this outage is apparently due to a careless construction crew in the community.
Boca Falls is in the midst of a “monument” sign renovation project that some say is inexplicably taking several months. It is believed that a digging crew cut the fiber optic line Tuesday afternoon, despite flags and street paint identifying cable locations.
Hotwire has a large team on scene and is efforting to repair the damage quickly.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again