UPDATE: 8:12p — Service has been restored. Unclear if the “cutting crew” will face financial liability for the outage.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — For the second time in two days, Hotwire phone, Internet and tv service is out to much of Boca Falls, although unlike Monday's outage caused by a fiber optic cable cut somewhere else in Florida, this outage is apparently due to a careless construction crew in the community.
Boca Falls is in the midst of a “monument” sign renovation project that some say is inexplicably taking several months. It is believed that a digging crew cut the fiber optic line Tuesday afternoon, despite flags and street paint identifying cable locations.
Hotwire has a large team on scene and is efforting to repair the damage quickly.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge