UPDATE: 8:12p — Service has been restored. Unclear if the “cutting crew” will face financial liability for the outage.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — For the second time in two days, Hotwire phone, Internet and tv service is out to much of Boca Falls, although unlike Monday's outage caused by a fiber optic cable cut somewhere else in Florida, this outage is apparently due to a careless construction crew in the community.
Boca Falls is in the midst of a “monument” sign renovation project that some say is inexplicably taking several months. It is believed that a digging crew cut the fiber optic line Tuesday afternoon, despite flags and street paint identifying cable locations.
Hotwire has a large team on scene and is efforting to repair the damage quickly.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates