UPDATE: 8:12p — Service has been restored. Unclear if the “cutting crew” will face financial liability for the outage.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — For the second time in two days, Hotwire phone, Internet and tv service is out to much of Boca Falls, although unlike Monday's outage caused by a fiber optic cable cut somewhere else in Florida, this outage is apparently due to a careless construction crew in the community.
Boca Falls is in the midst of a “monument” sign renovation project that some say is inexplicably taking several months. It is believed that a digging crew cut the fiber optic line Tuesday afternoon, despite flags and street paint identifying cable locations.
Hotwire has a large team on scene and is efforting to repair the damage quickly.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car