UPDATE: 8:12p — Service has been restored. Unclear if the “cutting crew” will face financial liability for the outage.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — For the second time in two days, Hotwire phone, Internet and tv service is out to much of Boca Falls, although unlike Monday's outage caused by a fiber optic cable cut somewhere else in Florida, this outage is apparently due to a careless construction crew in the community.
Boca Falls is in the midst of a “monument” sign renovation project that some say is inexplicably taking several months. It is believed that a digging crew cut the fiber optic line Tuesday afternoon, despite flags and street paint identifying cable locations.
Hotwire has a large team on scene and is efforting to repair the damage quickly.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays