DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — What happens when you have a great concept with a great name? The potential for a major hit happening in Delray Beach.
Fitness enthusiasts of Delray Beach can look forward to SloBody’s Soft Opening week (including complimentary classes) from Saturday, June 1 to Saturday, June 8, 2013 and Grand Opening in Delray Beach, Florida on Tuesday, June 11 at 5:00pm. SloBody – conditioning infused yoga™ – is a trademarked workout method that Strengthens, Lengthens, and Opens the Body. Located at 209 NE 5th Terrace in Delray Beach, the first Florida SloBody location will bring a focus to the client’s individual needs through consistent personal attention and correction.
Complimentary one-hour SloBody classes will be offered on the following dates/times:
• Saturday, June 1 at 10:00am
• Monday, June 3 at 9:30am and 6:00pm
• Wednesday, June 5 at 9:30am and 6:00pm
• Friday, June 7 at 6:30am
• Saturday, June 8 at 10:00am
The Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting ceremony will be held Tuesday, June 11 from 5:00 to 6:30pm and will include a tour of the facility, a meet-and-greet with founders Kirk Slobody and Janine Tiede, a brief SloBody class, and refreshments and food provided by Delray Beach establishment Fit Food Express.
Former NCAA Division I athletes and masters at breaking movement down, Kirk Slobody and Janine Tiede, created SloBody. By stripping Yoga to the essence of what makes it great exercise and blending it with old school conditioning (squats, lunges, core work, push-ups) they created a unique workout that builds: strength, awareness, balance, flexibility, and mobility.
Despite the “naked yoga” description, clients are told to keep their clothes on as yoga is the one being undressed! At SloBody, there is no chanting, no incense, no gurus and no embellishments. Instead, there is just yoga postures and conditioning.
“The traditional vibe of Guru…didn’t jive with my personality. I didn’t want to smell the incense, hear the chanting, or deal with dogma that was a distraction to my goals. For me it was a natural progression to blend yoga postures and breath awareness into a more athletic conditioning structure,” explains Kirk, owner and co-founder of SloBody.
After thirteen years of proven results in Seattle, Washington, SloBody– conditioning infused yoga™ comes to South Florida to build athletes at any age – and starting at any conditioning level. Kirk and Janine take the beginners through the awkward stages of starting an exercise routine to reaping the rewards of fitness.
Online classes compliment the education. SloBody’s Online Training pages are your gateway to information that is safe, practical and efficient. Subscriptions range from free to several different levels. It includes:
• PRO Package – Designed for professionals and teachers
• ESSENTIAL Package – Designed for motivated students
• DAILY DOZEN POSTURES – Essential postures via Video, PDF, etc.
• DESK YOGA – Quick simple exercises for home or office
• MODIFYING YOGA POSES – Great for newbies!
• TEACHING YOGA EFFECTIVELY – Designed for teachers
SloBody’s method could change the way South Florida thinks of fitness. It is an adaptable workout that provides physical and mental fitness for a lifetime. The skills are transferable to any sport, physical discipline, and life in general. The method is founded in the body – body based exercises, not equipment based – which means one can do it anywhere and anytime. Even at home naked if you really wanted to– just be sure to close the curtains!
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside