BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Scary, violent moments in east Boca Wednesday have led to a search for a gun toting thug.
According to police:
Detectives from the Boca Raton Police Services Department are investigating an assault that took place shortly after 1:00 am on May 28 in the 2200 block of NE 2nd Avenue. The victim advised that he was taking his garbage out to the trash cans, located in a fenced area on the north side of the house. He says that’s when he was hit above the left eye with an unknown object.
The victim said when he turned around he saw a Hispanic male holding a gun in his right hand. He says he grabbed the suspect’s gun hand and he heard a shot discharged into the air. The victim lost his balance and fell to the ground. While on his back, the suspect pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger, but it only made a click noise and did not discharge.
The suspect took off on foot in an unknown direction. The victim yelled to his brother, who was sleeping in the house, to call police. The victim also had several cuts to his right arm and right midsection and thinks the suspect had a knife in his other hand.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, 5’10” tall thin build wearing all dark clothes. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Chris Suarez at 561-620-6146 or Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton
- Jail Van, Prisoner Bus Crash In North Broward County
- Fire Ravages West Boca Raton Home Overnight
- Cool Weather Is Here! Boca Raton, Delray Beach To Drop Into 50’s
- Boca Chase Chases $2300 By Foreclosing On Homeowner