BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major event is set for Sunday to honor cancer survivors at Boca Regional Hospital.
The Eugene M. & Christine E. Lynn Cancer Institute (LCI) at Boca Raton Regional Hospital will honor members of the community who are living beyond the diagnosis of cancer and seeking wellness into the future on National Cancer Survivors Day®.
National Cancer Survivors Day is an annual worldwide Celebration of Life that is held in hundreds of communities throughout the United States, Canada, and other participating countries. This year’s celebration will focus on adding to our Wall of Hope in honor and memory of our cancer patients and their caregivers.
The Wall of Hope began prior to the opening of the Harvey & Phyllis Sandler Pavilion. Cancer survivors, their families and clinical staff had the opportunity to design a tile to be included on a wall in the Cancer Center’s first floor. During Survivors Day events tiles are created and participants are able to leave their own legacy at LCI.
Harvey & Phyllis Sandler Pavilion
701 NW 13th Street, Boca Raton
Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 9:30am
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton