BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major event is set for Sunday to honor cancer survivors at Boca Regional Hospital.
The Eugene M. & Christine E. Lynn Cancer Institute (LCI) at Boca Raton Regional Hospital will honor members of the community who are living beyond the diagnosis of cancer and seeking wellness into the future on National Cancer Survivors Day®.
National Cancer Survivors Day is an annual worldwide Celebration of Life that is held in hundreds of communities throughout the United States, Canada, and other participating countries. This year’s celebration will focus on adding to our Wall of Hope in honor and memory of our cancer patients and their caregivers.
The Wall of Hope began prior to the opening of the Harvey & Phyllis Sandler Pavilion. Cancer survivors, their families and clinical staff had the opportunity to design a tile to be included on a wall in the Cancer Center’s first floor. During Survivors Day events tiles are created and participants are able to leave their own legacy at LCI.
Harvey & Phyllis Sandler Pavilion
701 NW 13th Street, Boca Raton
Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 9:30am
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break