BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major event is set for Sunday to honor cancer survivors at Boca Regional Hospital.
The Eugene M. & Christine E. Lynn Cancer Institute (LCI) at Boca Raton Regional Hospital will honor members of the community who are living beyond the diagnosis of cancer and seeking wellness into the future on National Cancer Survivors Day®.
National Cancer Survivors Day is an annual worldwide Celebration of Life that is held in hundreds of communities throughout the United States, Canada, and other participating countries. This year’s celebration will focus on adding to our Wall of Hope in honor and memory of our cancer patients and their caregivers.
The Wall of Hope began prior to the opening of the Harvey & Phyllis Sandler Pavilion. Cancer survivors, their families and clinical staff had the opportunity to design a tile to be included on a wall in the Cancer Center’s first floor. During Survivors Day events tiles are created and participants are able to leave their own legacy at LCI.
Harvey & Phyllis Sandler Pavilion
701 NW 13th Street, Boca Raton
Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 9:30am
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges