BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A tornado watch is in effect this early hour and it’s a prelude to what the national weather service says will be a wet, rough day:
DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE
OVER SOUTH FLORIDA.
TORNADOES: TORNADOES ARE POSSIBLE THIS MORNING ACROSS ALL OF SOUTH
WATERSPOUTS: WATERSPOUTS ARE POSSIBLE OVER THE GULF AND ATLANTIC
WINDS: STRONG GUSTY WINDS MAY ACCOMPANY ANY THUNDERSTORMS THAT DO
DEVELOP. SOME OF THE GUSTS MAY REACH UP TO AROUND 50 MPH.
FLOODING: LOCALIZED MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN MAY LEAD TO LOCALIZED
STREET FLOODING AND FLOODING OF POORLY DRAINED AREAS. TIDES ARE
FORECAST TO RISE TO 1 TO 1.5 FEET ABOVE NORMAL FOR THE GULF COAST
TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING…WHICH MAY LEAD TO MINOR COASTAL
WAVES: SEAS WILL RISE TO 6 TO 10 FEET FOR THE OFFSHORE GULF
WATERS, WITH NEAR SHORE WAVES OF 4 TO 6 FEET.
RIP CURRENTS: THERE IS A MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS FOR ALL BEACHES.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Agatha, Near Mexico, May Be One To Watch
- TRAVEL: Flight Delays, Cancellations Mount In South Florida
- Worker Falls On Patient At Boca Regional Hospital, Claims Suit
- ALERT: CDC SAYS PALM BEACH COUNTY NOW “HIGH” FOR COVID SPREAD
- BOOMERS BOCA RATON: WOMAN CLAIMS ASSAULT, BATTERY
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal