BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A tornado watch is in effect this early hour and it’s a prelude to what the national weather service says will be a wet, rough day:
DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE
OVER SOUTH FLORIDA.
TORNADOES: TORNADOES ARE POSSIBLE THIS MORNING ACROSS ALL OF SOUTH
WATERSPOUTS: WATERSPOUTS ARE POSSIBLE OVER THE GULF AND ATLANTIC
WINDS: STRONG GUSTY WINDS MAY ACCOMPANY ANY THUNDERSTORMS THAT DO
DEVELOP. SOME OF THE GUSTS MAY REACH UP TO AROUND 50 MPH.
FLOODING: LOCALIZED MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN MAY LEAD TO LOCALIZED
STREET FLOODING AND FLOODING OF POORLY DRAINED AREAS. TIDES ARE
FORECAST TO RISE TO 1 TO 1.5 FEET ABOVE NORMAL FOR THE GULF COAST
TONIGHT INTO THURSDAY MORNING…WHICH MAY LEAD TO MINOR COASTAL
WAVES: SEAS WILL RISE TO 6 TO 10 FEET FOR THE OFFSHORE GULF
WATERS, WITH NEAR SHORE WAVES OF 4 TO 6 FEET.
RIP CURRENTS: THERE IS A MODERATE RISK OF RIP CURRENTS FOR ALL BEACHES.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K