BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A woman was robbed in front of her two young children just yards from Boca Raton City Hall. Now, Boca Police are asking for assistance in identifying and locating the thugs who committed the crime.
From Boca PD:
Detectives with the Boca Raton Police Services Department are investigating a strong-arm robbery that occurred at approximately 7:25 pm Tuesday, June 4th. The victim says she was at Memorial Park on Crawford Boulevard with her two children.
While her children played, the victim was running laps around a field. She became concerned when she noticed two black males standing on the southeast corner of the field staring at her. Due to her concern, she and her two children left the area. While walking south in the City Hall parking lot, the victim noticed the two men walking in the same direction. She proceeded down West Palmetto Park Road to SW 3rd Avenue. The two men continued to follow them.
The two men then caught up with the victim and her children on SW 3rdAvenue. One stayed on his cell phone from the field all the way to when he approached the victim. That’s when one of the suspects ripped a gold necklace off her neck and ran north on SW 3rd Avenue, then east on SW 3rdStreet. The victim lost sight of them heading south on SW 1st Avenue along the railroad tracks.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Detective Jeff Clare at 561-338-1246 or Crime Stoppers at 800-458-TIPS.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Unmasked Teachers Could Slow Return To Classroom
- Prostitution Charge For Seven Bridges Delray Resident
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely, Florida Should Watch
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT