BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Congratulations to Hotwire Communications. The internet, phone and television provider that is rapidly becoming the leading provider in Boca Raton is now accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
This is major accomplishment.
Comcast is not accredited.
BocaNewsNow.com — and others — have been very critical of Hotwire over the past 18 months, but we have also been impressed that the rapid growth company doesn't just learn from its mistakes, but moves at lightning speed to correct problems and alter policy.
Call Comcast for customer service and you'll likely speak with a a poorly trained rep in Jamaica or Alabama who will tell you that the first available appointment is three weeks from never. Call Hotwire for customer service and your call will either be answered almost immediately in Boca or by someone in Philadelphia who actually knows the name of your community and how to find the people who will solve the problem, quickly.
Both Hotwire and Comcast, coincidentally, are based in Philadelphia.
We've also learned that AT&T is losing a notable number of phone techs to Hotwire, as the world moves from copper lines to VOIP. We've met several of the former AT&T expert technicians and are pleased to report that they know their stuff.
Is Hotwire perfect? Absolutely not. But what we have found — and apparently the Better Business Bureau as well — is that when problems do occur, Hotwire is intent on solving the problem and learning what caused the problem in the first place. In 18 months as a customer, we can count the number of outages on one hand, with the combined length of those outages spanning no more than a few hours.
That's impressive in an industry where lengthy outages and poor customer service have long seemed to be the norm.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month