BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Congratulations to Hotwire Communications. The internet, phone and television provider that is rapidly becoming the leading provider in Boca Raton is now accredited by the Better Business Bureau.
This is major accomplishment.
Comcast is not accredited.
BocaNewsNow.com — and others — have been very critical of Hotwire over the past 18 months, but we have also been impressed that the rapid growth company doesn't just learn from its mistakes, but moves at lightning speed to correct problems and alter policy.
Call Comcast for customer service and you'll likely speak with a a poorly trained rep in Jamaica or Alabama who will tell you that the first available appointment is three weeks from never. Call Hotwire for customer service and your call will either be answered almost immediately in Boca or by someone in Philadelphia who actually knows the name of your community and how to find the people who will solve the problem, quickly.
Both Hotwire and Comcast, coincidentally, are based in Philadelphia.
We've also learned that AT&T is losing a notable number of phone techs to Hotwire, as the world moves from copper lines to VOIP. We've met several of the former AT&T expert technicians and are pleased to report that they know their stuff.
Is Hotwire perfect? Absolutely not. But what we have found — and apparently the Better Business Bureau as well — is that when problems do occur, Hotwire is intent on solving the problem and learning what caused the problem in the first place. In 18 months as a customer, we can count the number of outages on one hand, with the combined length of those outages spanning no more than a few hours.
That's impressive in an industry where lengthy outages and poor customer service have long seemed to be the norm.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected