BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Two Deerfield Beach sisters are charged with vandalizing a car owned by the boyfriend of a third sister. The women apparently attacked the car in plain view of a neighbor who called police. It happened in the 200 Block of SW 7th Street.
Wesney and Whitney Torres allegedly smashed the windshield of a 2008 Chevy. They also smashed the driver's side window and for good measure, a mirror.
They then attempted to flee.
But police were already in the area for an accident on the train tracks in the 1400 block of South Dixie Highway. They saw the women in the getaway car as described by the neighbor who saw it all.
Police stopped the Torres sisters, separated them, and asked each what they were doing.
Wesney Torres, 20, told police that she was heading to Deerfield Beach.
A very smart Boca Raton Police Officer thought that was odd, considering she was driving in the opposite direction.
From the affidavit of probable cause:
She then stated that she was coming from seeing a friend who was in a car accident a Camino Real and Dixie Highway. Informed Wesney that there wasno vehicle accident at Camino Real and Dixie Highway and that the reason the police werein the area was because of the train accident.
The sister, Whitney, 25, admitted to police -- according to the affidavit -- that the two had just assaulted the car.
Police say they found a baseball bat in the getaway car.
Whitney and Wesney were booked in the Palm Beach County Jail and charged with criminal mischief.
It should be noted: the sisters claim they attacked the car because -- they say -- the car's owner was responsible for their 17-year-old sister overdosing on drugs and requiring hospitalization.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway
- POLICE: Body Found In West Delray Beach Bushes, Investigation Underway
- DESANTIS: Florida Will Vaccinate Nursing Home Residents Before Healthcare Workers
- FROM BAD TO WORSE: Florida Logs 9,920 COVID Cases On Tuesday
- Facial Covering Order Extended In Palm Beach County
- Emotional Support Animals No Longer Considered “Service Animals,” DOT Institutes New Rules