DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County just received a major donation from Florida-based Everbank, which tell us:
EverBank Vice President for Community Development, Chuck Ivy, presented Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County (SPBC) a check for $50,000 in support of the Ocean Breeze West Community located in Boynton Beach.
While this donation was the first contribution by EverBank to Habitat for Humanity SPBC, the Florida-based financial institution is a longtime supporter of Habitat for Humanity in Jacksonville, FL. Since 1996, EverBank has contributed over $2 million and built 57 homes in Jacksonville—the highest number of homes sponsored by a single company in the region. Additionally, EverBank has donated over $7 million to nearly 100 charitable groups since 2006. EverBank’s community giving program giving is primarily focused on three critical areas of need, including children's services, affordable housing and education.
Habitat SPBC has been serving the communities of Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, and Boca Raton since 1991, and has to date completed 103 homes. The Ocean Breeze West project, a 21 home community located in the Heart of Boynton Beach, marks the first multi-house development the organization has constructed.
All Habitat homeowners contribute a minimum of 400 hours of “sweat equity” working on the construction of their home and the homes of others and participate in educational programs designed to strengthen the entire family and help to ensure their success as new homeowners. The new homeowners will make monthly payments on a low-cost, no-interest mortgage, which in turn will go toward building more Habitat homes for families in need in South Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT