BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A tired deer, stuck in an area canal and surrounded by alligators was rescued by a Boca Raton man and Capt. Matt Eisenberg who lead Palm Beach County Sheriff Office in West Boca Raton.
According to PBSO:
On Sunday, June 16, 2013, at 10:00, Tom Berger, local community leader – Boca Raton, called deputies for assistance in reference to a deer he located, in the canal east of the Arthur R Marshal wildlife Preserve. The deer was stuck in the canal, surrounded by alligators and could not get out. Deputies and FWC investigators responded to the scene.
Deputies and investigators could tell the deer was fatigued from swimming and trying to get out of the canal. FWC Investigator Fowler stood on one side of the canal and PBSO Capt. Eisenberg stood on the other. Capt. Eisenberg was able to get the deer to swim close to his side. When the deer got close enough, Capt. Eisenberg lassoed a rope around the deer’s neck and guided it to the top of the bank. At least two Alligators were seen surrounding the area of the struggling deer. Armed deputies stood by in case the alligators decided to attack.
The deer was in good condition, just fatigued from swimming. The deer was taken to Busch Sanctuary to recover.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District