BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Brooks Brothers — fresh off its grand opening at Town Center Mall — is making a sizable donation to FAU. From Brooks Brothers and the school:
Shoppers at the Brooks Brothers store at Town Center at Boca Raton helped raise funds for scholarships for Florida Atlantic University’s Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters during a recent special event. Twenty-five percent of sales made during the event were donated to the College. The funds will help support scholarships and research activity.
“We are thrilled to have Brooks Brothers’ generous support,” said Marny Glasser, president of the Advisory Board for the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters. The Board organized the event, as one of many events in support of the College.
Established in the summer of 2012, the Advisory Board is comprised of community and business leaders who provide assistance with strategic planning, community outreach, and garnering financial support for education, research, and public programs. To date, the Board has raised more than $78,000 for the college, including more than $23,000 for student scholarships.
“We are very happy to support this effort and the students at FAU, many of whom are working with us today,” said Jon Wagstaff, manager of the Brooks Brothers store at Town Center at Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens