BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The usually tranquil Saturnia development, west of 441 off Yamato Road has been the scene of significant police activity over the past week.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that an explosion in the community remains under investigation. A witness said a truck left a “smoking box” and left the area shortly before it exploded. An arriving deputy saw the box — which had been destroyed — and also said he heard the explosion from a mile away. The witness provided the license plate of the truck that was near the box. The investigation continues.
The explosion comes as several homeowners in Saturnia told police their cars were burglarized while parked in the community. At least seven vehicles on Bayfield Drive, Estuary Drive and Saturnia Lakes Drive were opened and had contents removed on June 12th — the same day as the explosion.
It is unclear if there is a connection.
Explosives experts — as well as detectives — continue to investigate.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach