BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don't panic if you hear sirens near FAU on Thursday morning. Florida Atlantic is set to test its emergency alert system.
According to FAU:
Florida Atlantic University is scheduled to test all components of the FAU Alert system the morning of Thursday, June 27. The FAU Alert system is designed to play a key role in keeping FAU’s students, faculty, staff and campus visitors safe during emergency situations.
At approximately 8:50 a.m., the emergency siren and PA system will be activated on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, 777 Glades Road, as well as at FAU’s John D. MacArthur campus, 5353 Parkside Dr., in Jupiter, and at FAU’s Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute in Fort Pierce. During this test, a loud siren sound and a spoken message will be heard across campus, as well as in neighborhoods and business areas located near the campuses. The indoor notification system for Glades Park and Heritage Park towers at FAU’s Boca Raton campus will also be tested.Additionally, FAU’s university-wide email, telephone alert, web alert and text messaging will be tested that afternoon. FAU will also test its toll-free emergency hotline phone number – 1-888-8FAU-OWL (8328-695).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident