BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The NSA has nothing on Boca PD. Its tac team seems to be everywhere — and all knowing. In the latest example, the team just happened to be conducting surveillance near I-95 when it stumbled upon a major identity thief who apparently likes marijuana as much as opening up credit accounts in other people’s names.
From Boca PD:
While conducting surveillance in the area of Glades Road and I-95, members of the Boca Raton Police Tactical Team observed a car with Tennessee plates commit a traffic violation. After stopping the vehicle, officers saw marijuana in plain sight. The occupants, two females and a male juvenile, were removed from the car and a search was conducted.
In addition to the marijuana, officers found a purse, which contained Bloomingdales credit account receipt with a $3,000 credit limit, a Macy’s credit account receipt with a $1,200 limit, a Justice credit account receipt for $1,000 with 3 new Justice gift cards totaling $870. All were opened on June 25th in the name of Janet Bamford. Also in the vehicle was a piece of paper with the name, date of birth and social security number for William Logie, along with a Kohl’s credit card receipt for $1,000 opened on June 20th. A search of the front passenger, Jazmine Murph, produced a Florida driver’s license with her picture, but with the personal information of Janet Bamford.
A further search of the car turned up three handbags and a woman’s wallet in the trunk. A receipt in the bag indicated they were purchased with the line of credit just opened at Bloomingdales in Bamford’s name for a total of $1,824.26. A Justice bag and a receipt for items purchased totaling nearly $1,000 were also located.
Both Bamford and Logie were contacted and said their identities had been stolen. They had reported the crimes in the past. During questioning, Murph admitted to officers that she was the one who opened the accounts. As a result Jazmine Murph was charged with Grand Theft, Creating, Possessing & Use of Fictitious Personal ID, Attempt to use ID of another Person without consent, Fraudulent use of a Credit Card and Possession of Marijuana. The driver of the car, Precious Jackson and the male juvenile were charged with Possession of Marijuana.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases